Re: [LUG] Zebra TPL2284 label/barcode printer on SuSE 9.3: USB or ppd not understood sufficiently

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 13:51 +0100, Martin Chojnowski wrote:

> Do you understand what you do?

Alas, probably not as well as I need to (and shall in due course).  <g>

> So using winshit soft you have to desing one or more labels and then when
> you send EPL code you tell barcode printer which one to use and you know what
> data it will take from you.

These will be vry short runs, so downloading labels to the printer may
not be necessary.  I can generate the data OK.

> serial port works great from first time. The biggest pain is to design
> and program label.

Clearly there is something else happening with my serial/USB port.
I need to identify that, and stop it.

In dump mode the printer should just print any ASCII character that
comes to it.  It doesn't print anything, ergo nothing is coming to it.