[LUG] Amending exim4 to send to a particular port

My email host requires me to send email to port 6465 (for secure SSL
transmission)

The standard exim4 (I think) routes to port 25

How do I amend exim4 to send email to port 6465

System: debian sarge

My exim4 conf settings are below

    # /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
    #
    # Edit this file and /etc/mailname by hand and execute update-exim4.conf
    # yourself or use 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'

    dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
    dc_other_hostnames='newdebian'
    dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
    dc_readhost='newdebian'
    dc_relay_domains=''
    dc_minimaldns='false'
    dc_relay_nets=''
    dc_smarthost='secure-email-2.luxsci.com'
    CFILEMODE='644'
    dc_use_split_config='false'
    dc_hide_mailname='false'
    dc_mailname_in_oh='true'

I spent some time googling on this as this seems to be faily common with
users of exim4 and gmail. All I got from that was as follows:

- exim4 as a client handles ssl connections "automatically"
- To send mail to a particular port I should add the following to
  transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp:
  driver = smtp
  port = 6465

I tried with no joy

I also tried adding port = 6465 to the
30_exim4_config_remote_smtp_smarthost and that allowed me to log in to
the smtp server but not forward mails

Any suggestions?

Henry