[LUG] Suse server

Hi,
At the moment I'm having problems with my server it runs suse 9.3. I have before had problems installing mambo and also with the server dying. Last night I succeeded in getting mambo to install, work and run smoothly. This morning I opened up the page to my server and found all I got was a dir listing not even a welcome page. Iv tryed reinstalling php, apache and a whole lot of things but I still only get a listing of the contents. I set James on the task of trying to fix it but even that failed. From what he tells me, my server won't execute php any more. I just don't know how to fix this so any help please. If you need it someone could ssh in as that maybe quicker.
Thanks,
--
Tom (the younger)