Re: [LUG] Microsoft try and recruit ESR - url posted to nylug - good laugh

Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:09:21 +0100 paul sutton wrote:
>

>> Back on this I do however agree that the response was a bit OTT and
>> put the OSS community in bad light, what do other people think,
>

> Yep.  Bad lights all around.  What bugs me about things like this is
> that ESR can be quite an eloquent writer, so why did he feel the need
> to drop this eloquence in his reply.  Although I may agree with
> *some* elements of his reply, he does come across like a 15yo.

I think it is hilarious.

The original email is probably spam, I mean if they can send it to ESR
they can send it to pretty much anyone. So much claiming to be "search
wizards".

Now either someone was playing a wind-up on the "Search Wizards", or
they have been harvesting email addresses inappropriately.

Either way it is exactly the kind of response one would expect from ESR,
and it is fairly eloquent in its own way.