Re: [LUG] Microsoft try and recruit ESR - url posted to nylug - good laugh

paul sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

[snip: MS try to recruit ESR Shock!]

> Back on this I do however agree that the response was a bit OTT and put
> the OSS community in bad light, what do other people think,

Typical arrogant ESR, IMO. He could have handled it better.

but then, good as he has been for OSS, I don't particularly like his
slanted worldview, and don't think he is the best guy to be a
front-man for Linux and open source, as it is too easy to dismiss
him as a scary whackjob gun-nut[1].

Cathedral and the Bazaar is fascinating though, especially when you take
his bias into account, and he works hard for OSS.

[1] Mainly because he is a scary whackjob gun-nut ;)

--
James                                   jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"Six?!? Whew!"  (Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Sic Transit Vir")