Re: [LUG] ClamAV - scanning

On Friday 02 Sep 2005 00:49, David Bell wrote:
> Is it necessary to scan the whole system on a regular basis, if at all?
>
>  i.e.          clamscan -r /
>

> /home/neurosis :)

Personally, I am under the impression that clamav is more useful for a network
which also includes Windows machines  - as Linux viruses are virtually
non-existant, apart from a few theoretical ones and a couple of specifc
targetted ones for servers.
Probably more useful is a rootkit detector in a single Linux machine with web
access.
At least thats the principle I have always worked on.
Mark