Re: [LUG] Does ebuyer.co.uk going bust?

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have an order outstanding.
Their phone just hangs up.

Looks like they are going bankrupt to me, first and last time I will order from them.

Not so sure about e-Buyer going bust, I mean, for a start they had millions in the bank back in 2003 when I was working for them (I was told by one of the purchasing guys that they could buy £1,000,000 of kit at a time to get special prices if need be, and these purchases weren't on credit). Since I left they expanded their operations to the US. They did get rid of their customer services phone line a while back, but more recently brought it back (I'm assuming they got too many complaints about their e-notes system - ohh them e-notes, I hated replying to them, much prefered the returns department where I normally worked).

They do send some of the stuff direct from their suppliers, what was it you ordered?

I'd wait and see before predicting doom and gloom.

Rob