Re: [LUG] Keysigning [was BBQ]

> > Just to say thanks to James for hosting todays BBQ and meeting,

James has offered to host the same event next year, provisionally. Some more
regular venues would be good.

With regard to the keysigning, there are a few tasks awaiting completion:

http://gnupg.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/book1.html

Rob: please send your key to the keyserver:
$ gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --send-key A867F3BE
Then sign each key that you verified at the meeting and then send those to the
same keyserver.

Henry: Your key has been signed, what we need now is for you to sign the keys
of those people that you verified with passports etc. and supplied the
fingerprint info. Ta.

Same with Benjamin, please. Ta.

I don't know how many keys you checked, Simon - have you any to sign?

So far, it seems that only Robin, myself and Dave have signed keys verified at
the meeting. Signing works best when it is reciprocal, so it would be good if
everyone signs all the keys they verified.

i.e. Henry should sign Rob and Robin and me (and Benjamin too if he verified
him), If there are five people at a keysigning, there are at least 36
signatures to be made, not including people (like me) with two keys.

(Don't sign if you are unsure, email the list first.)

If you have signed and I'm listing it as still waiting, just make sure you've
sent the SIGNED key to the keyserver as well.

Each time you make a signature on someone's key, their key needs to be sent
back to the keyserver so that others can find the new signature.

If there aren't many keys in your keyring, you can send them all to the
keyserver with one command:

$ gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --send-keys

--

Neil Williams