Re: [LUG] Meeting this saturday

On Wednesday 17 Aug 2005 07:46, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 02:10, Mark wrote:
> > Sorry this is a bit off topic, but just interested to know which project
> > you work on Robin.
> > Mark
>
> Well its linux and its open source so thats bang on topic really :-)
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rt2400

I thought it may be the ralink drivers :)
Excellent!
I have had no real joy with the rt2570 driver here. Without encryption it
works fine, but with wpa enabled, I get no joy - even following the
suggestions in the forum :(
I have a feeling its a distro thing - using Vector Linux, I had some success
with the older rt2570 driver ( with a lot of fiddling), but with Yoper Linux
- which is my main distro, and the one I am trying to get the driver working
on for the other users - I cannot set the encryption.
I must get in touch with Mark Wallis and the rest of the team there about it,
but I keep getting sidetracked on other things.
Its good that ralink have open sourced their drivers - lets hope other
manufacturers see this as the way forward.
If I can get the driver working properly on Yoper, I shall add it to the next
Yoper release - or at least add it to the repository along with a how-to to
explain to the other users.
Mark