Re: [LUG] Meeting this saturday

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 20:55, Tony Sumner wrote:

> A couple of years ago I got wireless working in my house in Reading and
> I was so pleased with that stupendous achievement that I wrote an Impress
> presentation (slide show) explaining it. I offered to show it to the
> Reading User Group but they turned it down ('noone interested in wireless
> any more').

Well i have a slightly different spin on things. I am a wireless driver
developer and the chipset/our project has won an award. As part of the
project have also been looking at the new (in development) kernel ieee80211
stack (we are attempting to use it). The chip set is also a 100% software one
so it means you have to know more ieee80211 than you ever wanted to :-) but
its all good fun.

--
Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx