Re: [LUG] Disk Corruption

Hex editing all sounds a bit intense.

I don't really mind if I have to re-install everything again I just
have a few files on the disk I would like to get off 1st.

I did tyr using the Knoppix & Mepis live CD's as they both mount all
windows & linux volumes automatically. The plan was to simply copy the
data from linux to windows then rebuild linux. Howvever when clicking
on the linux volume it just errors & refuses to open.
Is there some kind of disk check I can run within these CD's that will
check/repair the volume.

Thank you
Steve