[LUG] MTAs - Sendmail, Postfix or EXIM??

Hi All,

We are currently using sendmail as our predefined choice of MTA. However I have been reading around and sendmail gets quite a grilling.

To date I have now found Postfix and EXIM. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which is the better MTA to use in terms of running a web server (performance and security wise) and more specifically how I can get the PHP engine on Apache to reference these new MTAs as it appears to only like talking to sendmail.

Sorry for the ramble but just trying to get my head around this issue.

Regards
Philip Radford.

Chycor Ltd
Address: Sandy Lane, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5SU
Tel: 01209 313907.
Email: phil@xxxxxxxxxx