Re: [LUG] software patents - Graham Booth

We have support from Graham Booth, UKIP, so I would concentrate on lobbying other people,

Paul

Aaron Trevena wrote:

On 6/23/05, Paul Sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for that, I have now sent an e-mail to Graham Booth, and then
thought what the hell and sent the same (but edited) message to Tony Blair,
I think I have made my point and used

Don't expect any response from Lib Dem MEPs they are pro-software patents and don't give a flying fuck about the UK Software industry.

Diana Wallis is refusing to respond to the press or constituents, even
party members.

Lib Dem MPs are no better - emailing Norman Lamb MP results in a
response 2 days later asking for an address so he can write. I have
enough fucking Westminster headed letters with boilerplate responses
from the RIP Act and ID Cards.

If you take the Lib Dem IT policies (back in 2003 when they could last
be bothered to think about anything so dull and tedious) and compare
it with LD MP questions in the Lords and Commons you will see that no
Lib Dem has ever said a word in either house about software patents,
despite it being in their ICT policy.

I'd write to your local MP and get them to hassle Norman Lamb and/or
Lord Sainsbury about this.

Cheers,

A.