Re: [LUG] detroit school moves to openoffice

I think this is another reason we need to hold an education focus Lug meeting, so people like me who are looking for a more challenging job than what I am presently doing (MTA) can demonstrate their skills if say I am helping someone such as Tom B install Linux and or LTSP and being casually observed by people, who are taking an interest in what we are doing, asking questions etc, that demonstrates people / communiication, skills, IT skills, and knowledge, and I think that if it works properly can be worth far more than most qualifications someone has seen you do it,

This could have benfits in that having met members of the group they may even ask us to help at their school, so from that we get more meeting venues, etc.

Once schools realise there is a pool of talent out there, and that talent is very high quality who knows what could happen,

Paul

Of course, trying to employ competent, experienced support staff on school
technician's salaries with Linux experience is yet another issue..

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Pearson
ICT Technician

http://www.star.net.uk

________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________