RE: [LUG] Problem with disk array.

> Are you / is your system trying to access the raid array
> *directly* as a ext3
> file system over /dev/sda1 instead of as a RAID device over a
> /dev/md*
> device?
>
> I don't think you can fsck /dev/sda1 for the same reason, you can
> fsck /dev/md0 as that contains an ext3 file system but
> /dev/sda1 contains
> RAID data.
>
> --
> Robin Cornelius

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Now I'm out of my depth! I've found a /dev/md0
but to be honest I just set up the partitions when I
intalled the os (Mandrake 10.1) using their "drakconf" utility.
But it would appear from the fstab that it is mounting /dev/sda1.

I can read the data on it no problem once its mounted.

James