Re: [LUG] IMAP Mail Server

The answer to this is as much down to personal taste as to functional
suitability. We use the University of Washington IMAP software here at the
school..

http://www.washington.edu/imap/

.. and I've had zero problems with it in the 300 or so days it's been
running. Bear in mind you'll also need an MTA (mail transfer agent) to
handle the actual sending of email via SMTP. Again, this usually boils
down to a personal preference, but we use Exim at the school. If it helps,
Exim came top of the list in a recent Linux Format magazine round-up of
MTA's.

http://www.exim.org/

Jeremy

--