Re: [LUG] Virus scanners??

Grant Sewell wrote:

Could you not break the scans down into smaller scans over a period of time (scan
one set of shared directories on one day, and another set on day two, etc)?  Or run
the crucial scans at times when the server is not likely to be used and (over
night?) and so the slow-down won't affect (m)any people?

Grant.

I'm not sure, the server runs on SME Server and it has funny configuration files which are perl files which are re-built whenever a configuration change happens. At the moment I've told it to only scan roaming profiles and user home directories, when I get a bit of time I will have a play.

Rob