Re: [LUG] Perhaps Perl, possibly Python?

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:48:13 -0000, Darke, Clive <Clive.darke@xxxxxx> wrote:

 I am presuming there's at least one O'Reilly book on it - anyone read
it/them?  Any good?

O'Reilly's 'Learning Python' is the beginner's book, 'Programming Python'
assumes some knowledge and can get a bit heavy.  These are to the usual
O'Reilly standard.  There is also a 'Nutshell' book, but I don't know that
one.

Python is great if you are an OO/Java person, otherwise you might look at
Perl/Tk, with its large number of add-ons.

Perl has several advantages over Python when it comes to this - it
supports GTK, TK, wxWindows and QT, as well as DBI and CPAN which no
other language can match.

Also python programmers are all dullards who lack decent beards and
can't drink more than an 8 year old child. ;)

A.