RE: [LUG] Re: Perl

With reference to the last point, software hasn't really needed to be small
or quick in the last, I dunno how many years! Developers in certain fields
(I don't think it would be fair by any means to say globally) have been
spoilt.

The CPUs were getting ever faster and the amounts of memory people were
stuffing into their PCs were getting ever vaster.

But without keeping all that up to date, from where I'm sat it would seem
that technology has hit a temporary brick wall on speed and size. I'm
assuming this is why all of a sudden manufacturers are putting as much
effort (maybe more?) into going quieter, cooler and smaller.

Speeds are still getting quicker but at nowhere near the pace.