Re: [LUG] MS Locks in UK Schools

Yes I really do agree with Adrian. Whilst I agree that MS lock you in and actually people do just use ms because it is there, I feel that a strategy to help people see the benefit of using Linux or any other OS distros should encourage peoples brain cells not ridicule them. I have been challenging my local Pastor to move to Linux but the cost is great. He is starting to see the benefit after about 3 years encouragement. But he has 5 computers! The cost to him is not financial (they run w98), the cost is time and effort. He will have to move data across, relearn a new system and then encourage his children to do the same. MS runs quite well for him, why should he change? Saying something like MS is rubbish and that they are corrupt really won't help!

Rich