Re: [LUG] The old I SP problem

I went with plusnet because I had a recommendation from someone. They
are quite good I think but their linux support is so-so. They sold me
an ADSL connection with a Binatone ADSL modem that said it included an
rpm for a Linux driver that would work in Red Hat. Good, I thought, but
it turned out the driver was written for v.7 and had not worked for any
later version. The plus support web site included an article on set up
for Linux but it turned out to be for a dialup connection. I phoned
support and they said yes they know that the ADSL modem is useless
and recommended I get a router. Which I did and I have been content
ever since. I just sort of felt they could have told me sooner. Since
all I want from them is a connection I have not had occasion to ask for
support since. Sometimes the router stops working and I reset it but
I don't know whether that is down to plus.

Not very interesting I'm afraid but my 2cntswrth.

Tony Sumner