Re: [LUG] Missing psaux device!

I agree about Synaptics... the touchpad on my old Sony laptop never
worked under a 2.6 kernel.  However the ALPS touchpad on my new Compaq
worked out of the box.

Really? I always have to rebuild psmouse with the ALPS patch provided in the
Debian packages to get the synaptics driver to use it. After I managed to get
the driver working I decided it annoyed me; the pad goes insane and darts
around the screen, and often locks up for a few seconds.

So I just use the pads PS/2 emulation, but the middle scroller/button only
acts as the third mouse button. But it beats loosing what I'm doing because
the pad has gone on a rampage and closed OpenOffice or something. ~_^

Daniel