[LUG] PCMCIA config

Hi All,

With the Cardbus requiring special attention during boot, I've been
looking at ways to issue the three commands I need for two purposes:

a) to make the settings survive a reboot.
b) to initialise the settings during the PCMCIA setup so that the card
is active before the system goes looking for any remote shares, Samba
for instance.

Thanks to Alex I have the first part nailed. Adding the three lines to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local makes the card kick in during the login process.
That is a MAJOR step so I'm happy with that. The downside is that way
before that, the system has failed to load all the remote Samba shares.
The way I see it (and I'm sure you'll correct me if I am wrong :) ) is this, either:

a) tell the system not to look for shares on boot and just mount them
"on demand" - does that mean the "noauto" option?
b) add a file called (for example) cardbus.opts into /etc/pcmcia and get
the system to execute it during PCMCIA setup. If I go down that route, how would I tell the system to execute the instructions in cardbus.opts at the relevant time?

Advice on either would be great :)

Kind regards,

Julian