Re: [LUG] OT Probabilities

On Friday 28 January 2005 09:01, PL-J wrote:
On Thursday 27 January 2005 23:27, Neil Williams wrote:
If I win a game (against the computer), on average, 1 time in 4, how do I
calculate the probability of winning more than three games in a row?

(OK, I'm being lazy - I just know there's someone who'll have the
answer.)

Logic Dictates! that there are 4 outcomes to the first game, 4 * 4 to the
second, and 4 * 4 * 4 to the third.  There is only one path to three
victories, therefore 1/64.

Opps read the question, 1/64 to win 3 games in a row then 1/4to win the 4th!
Giving 1/256.

Peter