[LUG] inter-operability CVS

OK, here's one to stretch all your brain cells, a bit.

I work with 3 projects. GnuCash, QOF and pilot-link - all combined under one
umbrella project. All in C, all GPL (parts of pilot-link are LGPL but not the
bits I'm working on.)

I'm writing software to allow data to flow from pilot-link via QOF into
GnuCash. The code for back-again is also planned but is considerably easier
because, as ever, generic work like this is front-loaded. Doing it the first
time is hard, doing it next time is much easier.

Anyways, I need to add, alter, update and distribute files from 3 different
CVS trees. I also need each tree to remain up to date with it's own CVS HEAD
using cron to maintain a separate 'pristine' tree for each project that is
never built to act as a template for patches.

(i.e. I'll be sending patches to each project for their own code PLUS patches
to others working on this project).

So I have a forge/ tree and a working/ tree for each project.

I work and build in the working tree in each case. What I don't have is a
single tree for my own code - it's distributed across all 3 sub-trees. And
it's not in one sub-directory either - it covers about a dozen. In nearly
every case, my files are a few amongst many in that subdirectory.

How to manage this project amongst other projects?
How to distribute files without distributing three entire projects?
How to make sure that the distributed files actually BUILD?

It's not so bad when it's just me but I'm hoping someone else will join the
development and receiving patches into this setup outside normal CVS updates
is giving me the heebeejeebees.

http://www.gnucash.org/
http://qof.sourceforge.net/
http://www.pilot-link.org/
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/

I can host a server (or anything else) on FC2 , if it would work.

--

Neil Williams