[LUG] Broadband and VoIP

Hi there

I'll be migrating from Home Highway IDSN to Broadband shortly which will
leave me with just one analogue channel for Voice - I currently share my
home number, business number and Internet access over the 2 channels that
Home Highway gives me.

I thought that a VoIP solution might be a good idea to replace my business
line. I'd want a seperate POT (perfectly ordinary telephone - I already
have a nice DECT phone) rather than a PC voice card/ software solution.

I'm hoping that there's a free (ie Linux) solution out there?

What bits of kit do I need to make this work? Are there any free service
providers I can hook up to? I'd be looking for cheap/2nd hand (ebay)
hardware...

TIA

Mart