Re: [LUG] SiS 7012 Sound Controller

David,

Thanks for the suggestion. The sound works fine under Knoppix 3.7 live. It reports the sound controller as an Intel 82440 MX and loads the i810_audio driver.

I grafted the driver into my SuSE installation, modprobed it and, hey presto, sound!

Looks like the Gatesware upgrade did flash write to the onboard chip. Alsa mixer under SuSE Linux reports the card as a C-Media CMI9739 instead of a SIS 7012

"Beware of Gates bearing gifts"

Regards

Chris