Re: What is/was your work desktop? was Re: [LUG] SIMS

they dont re-start after updates have been applyed, its more a role
back to its origanal shipping state,

they are restored to a predertemaned point in time, (pre SP2)

Philip McGaw

Termisoc <http://www.termisoc.org> Safety Officer
UPSU Radio <http://radio.termisoc.org> Tech Officer

07814 510 957

1A may terrace
St Judes
Plymouth
PL4 8PP

Kelly Jones wrote:

| in my previous job we used windows 2000 terminal server and the
| server would frequently reboot itself after an update had been
| applied leaving 40+ staff without computers in a busy call centre.
|
| On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 19:07 +0000, Philip McGaw wrote:
|

| Mr Jane, heavaly hinted it was 3rd Party
|
| Philip McGaw
|
| Termisoc <http://www.termisoc.org> Safety Officer UPSU Radio
| <http://radio.termisoc.org> Tech Officer
|
| 07814 510 957
|
| 1A may terrace St Judes Plymouth PL4 8PP
|

| John Horne wrote:

| have |> some piece of software installed that reboots the machine
| and |> installs any updates that ILS have decided are safe to use.
| SMS | service used to apply patches automatically. Whether it
| happens | *because* a patch has been applied (no good applying a
| patch which | requires a reboot and then *not* rebooting the PC) or
| simply to | ensure that the PC has any user-installed software
| removed I don't | know. | | | John. |