Re: [LUG] Yahoo Messenger on Mandrake 10

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions. To avoid a superfluity (cough) of replies I'll condense the responses into one email :)

I'll give GAIM a try, and I'll get you know how I get on.

Yes I am running the version of Kopete that was preinstalled. ICQ being so old probably hasn't been updated, which would explain why it works. Yahoo, as you all said, probably has been which is why one works and the other doesn't. I'll get hold of the most recent version.

Good suggestion to use checkinstall. Sounds like very useful bit of kit Grant :)

So, thanks to all who replied :)

Kind regards,

Julian