Re: What is/was your work desktop? was Re: [LUG] SIMS

On Wednesday 08 Dec 2004 11:54 am, Richard Brown wrote:
Although in 1984/5? or some when around then I installed something
called a Novelle Network.

I remember. As a research assistant at LUT we had this network and could run
WordPerfect office on a DOS machine or use it as a gateway to a Unix
mainframe.

In 2001 I was using w98 hated it and after encouragement from this
list, stopped dual booting and used Mandrake exclusively and apart from
needing to use w98 on a laptop cause I couldn't get the modem working
have used Linux exclusively for everything.

I'm Mandrake and Win98. Prefer Mandrake but somethings only work on the Win
platform.

Until the start of this year when I was bought a 17" Powerbook.
Recently I've been building some web sites and need to back them up
overnight and so I am building another Linux box.

Next buy will almost certainly be a G5.

17" Powerbook and a G5 - you obviously do believe in heaven!

Rich
www.littlebigfoot.org.uk
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing
good news." Isaiah 52 v 7 (The Message)