Re: [LUG] Offer of venue for DCGLUG meet

On 7 Dec 2004, at 17:31, Tony Sumner wrote:

Is it not a common fallacy that open source means you don't eat? What
should I say to her? Are the demo disks of interest?

I'd start off by avoiding that phrase 'open source' and using free software instead - then explain that free software is about freedom, not price. Explain that free software doesn't have to mean giving away software, but to liberty.

I can't think that Windows software would be of much use to anyone.

matt