Re: [LUG] Offer of venue for DCGLUG meeting related to Educationalsoftware

Good points, I will look into the negative version, it does look better, I was thinking that we could just display the poster at our next meetings. I guess we will be giving away copies of Linux and other software anyway, not just Linux but cd's like GNU win II and the open cd 1.4 (or later if there is one), Open office in on both I think.

Most people probably don't realise there is an alternative, let alone know that the alternative is free. I have already installed openoffice on at least 2 computers, running XP as those computers did not even come with office software.

Paul

Just upgraded from 1.1.1. to 1.1.3 perfectly (on windows), which is excellent, I still think people may get confused with the page about if you have a java VM installed. Using 1.1.3 as part of suse 9.2,

On the subject of 9.2 and idea why the login screen says suse 9.0??, weird

Paul

Hi

I have found a poster relating to openoffice.org, I posted it as part of this thread, as it's partly related. Looks nice printed on decent gsm paper.

I have printed a copy off and laminated it, so I can find somewhere to display it,

May be a useful resource for a future meeting, can anyone get a few printed off, cheaply so they can be handed out at our next meeting. (not perhaps our easter meet as I guess there will be meetings in the meantime)

http://marketing.openoffice.org/art/

It's near the bottom, free yourself.

Paul

I've just downloaded all the versions of said poster. My opinions (in respect to using this within a meeting targeting the Education sector):

+ Nice, clean lines and simple artwork.
+ Decided lack of bombardment with technical issues.
+ Outlines the major points of the software (text processor...no licensing costs).

- Heading is perhaps not important to this group (proprietary file formats).

I am not sure that the people making decisions about softwares in Schools/Colleges/etc are