Re: [LUG] Free software and users

Hi

Just to throw something else into the argument. Public perception. I have a mate who will shortly be moving to GNU/Linux because he wants out of M$ for two reasons. 1. The upgrade route and 2. the closed nature of the software. But he is the one friend I have been able to persuade to look at GNU/Linux. All the rest are wary of something that comes 'free'. They have this perception that if it is free, it is probably crap. I have tried to explain the ethos but they don't get it!

How do I argue against someone who wants to pay for something!

Rich
www.littlebigfoot.org.uk
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing good news." Isaiah 52 v 7 (The Message)