Re: [LUG] Virus checking linux server

I'm posting this to the list 'cos Adrian's server bounced my reply.

On Thursday 10 June 2004 8:49 pm, Adrian Midgley wrote:
Sorry to reply of list - I have a severe glitch with sending email from
home and have to go to webmail.

I run the SOPHOS anti-virus suite by choice on Windows and also on the
Linux boxes here and in the Practice.

It has been effective, easy to look after and without fault that I can
see.

I recommend your friend adopts that.  You can get it from the IBM
partner whose name eludes me for a moment alongside Exeter Airport.

(If you are stuck, I'll loan a CD which has it on, and even offer a
script I use to update the definitions, albeit I doubt anyone needs my
scripting efforts<g>)

Many thanks for that advice Adrian, I will pass it on.
If we can get the first proper Linux server installed here it will be ...
well, one small step for a penguin :-)

Tony