Re: [LUG] distros and "drivers" as such

 Hopefully I'll be able to show how to compile and install a 2.6 kernel on the
next meet up
if you like.

how I do it : make oldconfig; make menuconfig *tweak config*; make-kpkg
kernel-image; dpkg -i ../kernel-image blah blah..

There really isn't anything hard about building kernels, the biggest
problem is getting back into your system if you for example forget to
build in support for your root fs and didn't leave the old kernel
around.

Top tips for kernel building : By all means build your own, just leave
the stock kernel there to save your arse and keep some bootdisks/cd's
handy :).