Re: [LUG] sendfax and jpg graphics

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 13:16, John Daragon wrote:

> In order to merge a .gif or .jpg you're going to have to jump through
> the following hoops :

I'm pond-life as a programmer, but it seems to me the easy way is to get a
file which contains the top 10 lines (50 scan lines or so) of a page with
the desired logo on in all its streaky glory, and hold that.

Then get the variant part made into a file for faxing, then send the
headers, then the first file, then the second file to the modem.  Merging
is a bit OTT.

The most I'd expect you to have to do would be some arithmetic if there is
a filesize in the header of a fax file.

--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/