Re: [LUG] Hi Peeps...

On Sunday 02 June 2002 17:25, you wrote:
I spoke to Alex Charrett last week about Evolution - he uses it. With
RH7.3 I had started using Kmail but still had problems with it (reported

Just thought I'd pen a word in defence of KMail.  I've been using KMail 1.2
for quite a while now (getting old, I know, I'll upgrade soon), without any
major troubles.  I have some very large mail files that take a while to
display (especially as they are "threaded" mailing list folders), but other
than that it's great.

The only thing that it is lacking is a decent address book, although I
believe a unified KDE one is being developed, and the new versions of KMail
now have an "autocomplete" function that guesses the address you are typing,
which I suppose goes some way towards a solution.

I installed Mandrake 8.2 on my desktop earlier, I haven't had much of a
chance to play around with it yet, although I had a fiddle with OpenOffice
and was quite impressed.  Shame it eats RAM so much, though - it's not such a
"cheap" alternative to Office if I have to upgrade my machine in order to use
it :-(

Jon

--
Message written at exactly 0:10:37 BST on 3rd June 2002