[LUG] ppp-watch and 2.2.17

Hi all,

downloaded some script updates from RedHat including a later copy of
ppp-watch for 6.1 - not a fix but a workaround, when the box boots PPP0
fails but the script continues in the background, and of course works a
few seconds later.

Once the kernel was built with modular ISDN, and relevant aliases and
options in /etc/conf.modules I spent some time tidying up.

Noted that realplayer 7 now works, previously it failed opening audio.

Bizarrely the driver for the SiS5597/5598 VGA now works with option
linear, so I can no have 24 bit colour, although I've no idea why this
should change, let us put it down to the holistic nature of PC hardware.
I only tried this as the movies looked so naff in RealPlayer without
truecolour support.

	Simon, happy inspite of error 29 running ifup.