Re: [LUG] Why HTTP transfer quicker than FTP?

> So why would an HTTP transfer be much faster than the old FTP? Whilst I
> admit that both the FTP server and web server may not be running on the same
> machine, there surely shouldn't be such a large difference in transfer rates.

Hmm - well details of protocols aside - do you have an http cache
configured and not an ftp cache.... Maybe there is another Linux'er
lurking on your cache.

Otherwise I think the possibilities are endless - from traffic shapers
preferring http to ftp - to different boxes using dodgy NFS
configurations at the far end.

	Simon