Re: [LUG] Swapfile (was gcc cannot make an executable)

Hi again,

Just done swapon which only gives me a list of options with no explanation
of those options: [-hV]; -a [-v]; [-v] [-p priority] special ...; [-s]

Running fdisk shows I have a swapfile - hda7, 72261 blocks, Linux swap.

How do I solve this please?

TIA,

Mark Harvey

On Mon 01 May, Alex Charrett wrote:

> On Mon, 1 May 2000, Mark Harvey wrote:
>
> > Obviously I need to set up the swapfile, but I cannot see how to do this.
> > I thought I had set up a swapfile when installing Linux (from the Linux
> > Answers mag - which does say to do that) but it is not appearing above.
>
> Try doing swapon and see if that helps, then use fdisk to see if youve got
> a swap partition.  If youve not you'll need to repartition the disk so
> youve got one (generally you want twice the amount of physical
> memory).  If thats not easy to do without nuking everything then
> re-install.
>
> -=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
> 		SMS: chas at termisoc.org subject:SMS
> Mail:   chas at termisoc.org		Web: http://www.termisoc.org/~chas/