Re: [LUG] Life ??

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Neil Stone wrote:
> Is there anyone else out there ??

Yes - I have been working on the site and we are hoping to do a talk for
the Digital Peninsula project.

> Just asking as this LUG seems almost dead.... most LUG's are prety
> active....

we currently have approx 20 members.

most of our more active members are currently on their easter break from
uni and so stuck talking to family and loved-ones rather than being
online.

I've just been in london and haven't had much time to contribute
much. Although I have now got a nice vanity domain.

the reason we don't have much traffic is because its not a very
conversational list and has a high signal to noise ratio compared to say
the london perl mongers which is very active but has little talk about
perl or perl mongering and a lot about how croyden is more '133t than
london.

Actually if anybody would like to get involved - and we would like you to,
we are currently wondering what to do next with the website - we don't
have a D&CLUG Tux yet and we are thinking about changing the presentation
of the LUG site.

We (ie Myself, chas, etc) would also like to find ouit how we can get
involved in local projects along the lines of DPN in cornwall and devon
and spread the word (about ourselves, linux and the joy that is starnix)

A.

--
<!-- betty  at  area51 --><A HREF = "http://www.termisoc.org/~betty">
LAUNCELOT:  We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.