[LUG] EHLO all!

Hi there everybody.
I'm new to this list, so I guess I should introduce myself... (dunno, I
couldn't find a FAQ)
My real name is Steve Dommett, and I've lived in Exmouth for a couple of
years now. I've been tinkering with Linux on and off for 4-5 years, but I'm
only really getting serious about it now I've got a second box to devote to
it. I call it the PC-in-a-drawer(TM), 'cause I'm too cheap to buy a case ;-)

Phew! That's the formalities out of the way.
For the record I use KDE/KDM on the plain Linux box (SuSE 6.2), but
GNOME/Enlightenment on the big box (Caldera 2.3) under VMware on Win2k.
I couldn't agree more with whoever it was that suggested VNC
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/) as a useful alternative to Windoze
based X servers. It just owns, even though it can pimp your network more
than a little. I've used it over modem links, and it's just about
serviceable for emergencies.

At the moment I'm trying to set up Linux as my internet gateway/firewall,
but I'm shying away from NAT. I'd rather go the whole hog with
caching/iterating DNS, but I'm having difficulty wading through setting up
BIND properly. Does anyone have a link to human readable documentation? The
man page is a little too hardcore for me ;)

Talking of DNS I don't suppose any of you more clued folks would know if
it's possible for me to use one of the dynamic DNS services with wildcards
to reach all the machines on my LAN. For example, can I distinguish in any
way incoming packets to kruger.st4vs.yi.org and evil-inside.st4vs.yi.org?
Probably not, I think, as they both have the same IP to the outside world.
Being on a dialup connection running my own DNS isn't an option either.

Cheers everybodypeeps.

--
Stavros <st4vs at box.co.uk>
Voicemail/faxmail: 0870-1110719