Re: [LUG] Pub

> Noooo! keith needs a distro at least 5 cd's big. X windows installs are
> newbies. Go on keith go the whole hog and install freebsd!

And for those who wish to use a dist that ONLY has a X-based installer??

GUI installs are not all bad.  I am use to the text-based installs of
RedHat and SuSE (yast-1), but there is nothing wrong with a ***GOOD*** GUI
installer.
To be fair, I've not seen a good GUI installer yet (I know that SuSE 6.3
has one, but I am not sure what it is like) but there is nothing wrong
with them.

And as for a dist that comes on 5+ disks.  You could easily put together a
dist of 5+ disks, but it is the quality of what is on them (and the
quality of the system as a whole) that is important.
That fiend of a linux dist (corel) could come on 10 disks, with all the
software I could ever need and then some, but I would not use it (the
experince I had with it f'ing my system has put me off).

Bottom line: Quality on quantity.

Robert Callaghan (norm at termisoc.org)
PGP FingerPrint: B29E 6BB5 B4F0 38D8 CCA9  3BEB EDF0 0A36 9732 7173

"Well, what else were you expecting?"