Re: [LUG] help wanteed

Someone said, fairly recently:
> >      It complains that it can't find ppp-compress.23 and other such stuff
> >      in /var/log/messages

There's some stuff you can put in /etc/conf.modules to fix that, but it
doesn't seem to be a big problem - connection speed may be a bit slower.

I've even been very clever and found the relevant lines.  Wop those in
/etc/conf.modules and all should be well.  Let me knw if it works as I
don't have a working Linux install to test it on right now:

alias ppp-compress-21          bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24          ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26          ppp_deflate

If that doesn't help your problem, go into
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 and set DEBUG=YES  Then tail -f
/var/log/messages and try to dial up and se what gives.

Let us know how it goes.

Jon.

--
Jon Still  <jon at termisoc.org>