RE: [LUG] Intro

> By way of intro for those of you who don't know me I work over in what was
> the 'Computing Service'. Having said that, and to avoid any complaints,
> problems, threats or whatever, I'm not going to say any more :-)

I know the feeling - I worked for CS during the summer on the NT rollout!
Should have been the Linux rollout :)

> I currently run redhat linux 5.2 at work, this or next week I'll
> upgrade to
> 6.1, and at home run RH6.0. I should also be able to squeeze another
> distribution - suse, slackware or perhaps something like freebsd - onto a
> 2GB partition on my work PC. That won't happen for a while yet though.

If I was you, try and stick to 5.2.  When I did change to 6.0, my machine
spent about a week in a bit of a semi-unusable state.  Maybe 6.1 will be
better, but I dont fancy risking it!  Your best bet is to update the Kernel
to 2.2.10 or later.  (Is the current version 2.2.13 or 2.2.14? - and does it
having anything *new*)

Peter Hatton
E-mail:  bramley at termisoc.org
Webpage: http://www.termisoc.org/~bramley
PGP Fingerprint: 1558 65D7 C77E 5DB3 CD8E 70CF 56DF 2DBC 40DB 06EC