[LUG] Perl CPAN

Getting back into Perl CPAN...

Okay it's been a while since I did any Perl module stuff.

I tried to install a module "AddressBook::Config"....

CPAN decided that a newer version of perl would be useful,
which I think went in okay...

After much downloading and grinding several things were
going wrong....

Several builds were failing over "asm/ioctl.h and
asm/sigcontext.h" not being found... a quick hunt shows that
they are in /usr/include/bits/ioctls.h (and friends), but
that the symbolic link to asm/ioctl.h needs to have the
architecture appended (I think it may be trying i686 when
only i386 exists, or it may not understand).

Ignoring more complex problems.... Term::Readkey is
recommended.... but see below... Argh - suddenly highly
unmodular C looks very attractive...

cpan> i /Term::Readkey/
Module id = Term::ReadKey
    DESCRIPTION  Read keystrokes and change terminal modes
    CPAN_USERID  KJALB (Kenneth Albanowski
<kjahds at kjahds.com>)
    CPAN_VERSION 2.14
    CPAN_FILE    K/KJ/KJALB/TermReadKey-2.14.tar.gz
    DSLI_STATUS  Rdcf (released,developer,C,functions)
    INST_FILE    (not installed)

cpan> install Term::Readkey
Warning: Cannot install Term::Readkey, don't know what it
is.
Try the command

    i /Term::Readkey/

to find objects with matching identifiers.