[LUG] LDE: Linux Day Newsflash

Hi Folks,

Faye has been busy taking over much of the Exeter Linux Day event
organising from me.

She is more of an organiser type than a Linux type - indeed "that PC"
still has a copy of the evil empire software on (Tesco Online, my
Printer, and MS Visio work better that way alas).

I'm pleased to announce a new co-sponsor for the Exeter event - DBC
Technologies (www.dbctechnologies.com).

The organisers of the national event (aka Steve) have been in touch to
confirm many more CD's are arriving. More on that when I see them.

Install requests are also starting to trickle through - do encourage
people to register at www.linuxday.org.uk if they want an install!

Paul has been busy sending Posters - thanks Paul - and amongst other
places Exeter Central Library has now acquired one.

We should have a full list of speakers and subjects soon. Looks like we
may have lost our Redhat speaker (Family wedding up North on the
Saturday - che sera sera).

Some press releases for the weekly papers have gone out - more to go...

Neil at the University was on holiday this week - Arghhhhh - back next
week - phew.

THREE VITAL ELEMENTS NEED ATTENTION

1. MORE ATTENDEES

Remember even if they just want to learn or chat about Linux - they are
welcome - talks will start about 11:00 - and hopefully we can have some
fun discussions later on as well (Topics welcome).

2. MORE SPONSORS

If you know a business that wants the good publicity or just to meet
those PC early adopter types to sell them hardware - put them in touch
with me.

3. MORE PENGUIN MASCOTS

I have a couple of fat Penguin bookends, but they will look very
lonely....

A shiny new Linux distro to the person who brings the best Penguin
mascot, a second hand audio tape copy of Bill Gates "Business  at  the
Speed of Thought" to the person who brings the saddest Penguin mascot.

	Look forward to seeing you all on the 29th.

	Thanks to everyone whose helping....

	Simon

--
Want to learn about Linux? Get it installed?
Devon and Cornwall LUG Event for UK Linux Day