[LUG] PPP link prob

hi, long time since I posted, I have learned quite a bit since then
(Perl is so easy to learn, 'learning perl' is the best computer book
ever IMHO). Hope to play a more active role in the LUG from now on.

I am setting up a 'Dial-on-demand' server, however I have come
unstuck fairly early on with the connection to my ISP (Eclipse).

The script send CONNECT which works fine (I have a SAY after this)
but the server doesn't reply with 'ogin', or any variation (I can
think of!). A have a feeling that I am making a very stupid mistake,
but I can't try indefinetly because its 5p a time ;-)
KPPP works so its not the system

I am running Slackware 7.1 (No RPM), and have the CheepLinux CDs for
the installfest if anybody is interested.

Tom