Re: [LUG] X shutdown

Hi,
most window managers seem to have a shutdown command under logout,  I am using Mandrake 7.2 and KDE 2 (I think) and there is an option to restart, shutdown and restart in console mode (init 3). I think this is part of the login manager kdm (I think) as you can choose the window manager when you login,  so perhaps this is a feature of Xfree4   I am not sure what window manager turbo linux uses I sure that some of the older e.g windowmaker had a logout command,  alternativly ctrl-alt-backspace in init 5 kills x and restarts so I would guess that in init 3 running startx and then hitting ctrl-alt-backspace would kill X and go back to the console.  Hope this helps

paul