Re: [LUG] Anti Virus

Kelly Jones wrote:

> I have used recommended XFConfig files for this model found on the net but
> startx just causes a complete lockup.

Does Mandrake do the usual Ctrl-Alt-F1 stuff to switch screens, and is
this broke?

> I am wondering if as i am using Mandrake 7.2 that this distro comes with
> XFree 4.0 and i have heard some people are having problems.
> To cut a long story short, how can i be sure that i am using 3.3.6 instead.

Is the XFConfig you found on the net for version 4.0?
Have you exhausted the XF86 Config guide?

I think some distributions of 4 supply the the relevant X drivers for
3.3.6. The file used is /usr/X11R6/bin/X, and the old ones were in the
same directory with a name like X_SVGA_336 (or something like that, just
link "X" to that). Don't know if you can slot the files from the old
3.3.6 distro into the 4.0 distro but if you want to try I can e-mail it
to you.

	Simon